Hotel Work in Canada
A working holiday visa is required.
With our hotel work programme in Canada you can work and live in the most famous tourist areas and natural parks of Canada. Destinations include the Rocky Mountains, Okanagan valley, Banff, Lake Louise, Vancouver Island and Jasper.
You will work approximately 40 hours a week with a minimum wage of CAN$ 9.75 per hour.
The hotel will offer you accommodation at a reduced rate as a member of staff.
Fields of work include: Restaurant, Bar, Kitchen, Chambermaid, Reception and others.
• Minimum age: 18-35 years.
• Ideal for: Participants with or without practical experience in hotel, tourism, hospitality or students in tourism.
• Start date and duration: Throughout the whole year, at least 16 weeks to max. 1 year.
- Summer season: May and June.
- Winter season: October and November.
• Language skills: You should have a good grasp of spoken and written English. You can improve your skills in a language course whilst meeting new people.
• Closing date for applications: Approx. two to three months before scheduled departure.
• Nationality: Participants from countries that have a working holiday and international Co-op. agreement with Canada.
• Extensive guidance and support prior to departure.
• Help with application forms for Canada.
• Placement of a paid hotel job in Canada.
• One overnight stay in a hostel in Vancouver (with breakfast).
• Orientation seminar with the following content:
- Help applying for a tax number.
- Help opening a bank account.
• 24 hour emergency telephone number.
• Optional language course (additional charge).
• A PractiGo participation certificate upon request.
|Departments||Possible tasks||Language level|
|Rooms||Cleaning and tidying up rooms, check requests of sheets and towels, …||A2|
|Lounge||Being up-to-date with he culinary offer and of the hotel and bar schedules and cleaning, …||B1|
|Kitchen||Dishes presentation and decoration, receipt of goods, …||B1|
|Maintenance||Plumbing and electricity service, …||B1|
|Bookings||Hotline support, software applications, organization of groups, …||B2|
|Business center||Preparing welcome packages, writing letters, …||B2|
|Marketing||Dealing with customers, making outgoing calls and receiving incoming calls, customer loyalty, updating website,...||C1|
|Reception||Check-in, check-out, customer service, sales, information, …||C1|