Student Exchange Year in Germany
During our exchange programme in Germany you will go to a German school and have a unique and unforgettable experience.
You can choose how long you want to stay. This programme takes place in and around the beautiful northern German city of Bremen. Bremen is not far from the North Sea and is also located near to the exciting city of Hamburg. You will fit in here immediately!
If you want to brush up on your German skills before going to school we can also organise a German language course for you in Bremen before your exchange programme begins.
As our PractiGo office is located in Bremen, we are in the perfect position to help you at any time during your stay here. Your parents can be sure that you are in safe hands.
Location: Bremen and surrounding area.
Duration: 2, 3, 4, 5 or 11 months.
Start dates: The whole year. Except for durations of 5 or 11 months where the programme can start in January/February or August/September.
Closing date for applications: At least 6 months before your requested arrival.
Age: Between 15 and 18 years old.
Language skills: A minimum level of A2 in German is required. If you are not yet at level A2 we can organise a language course for you to bring you up to the required level.
School performance: Any school background. At least a satisfactory performance in the last three school years (equivalent of grade 3 in Germany).
Personal requirements: For this programme you will require a certain level of independence, adaptability and maturity. You will need to be able to cope with a new environment and integrate yourself at school and with your host family.
Nationalities/Visa: If you are an EU citizen you do not require a visa. If you come from a non EU country we will try and be of assistance to you.
• Placement in a school in Bremen or surrounding area.
• Accommodation with a family with full-board.
• Transfer from the airport to the host family.
• Extensive guidance and support prior to departure.
• On-site support through PractiGo, including meetings at our office and taking you to school on your first day.
• 24 hour emergency number.
• PractiGo travel documents with information and helpful tips.
• School report.
• Language course in Bremen.
• Return flight.
• PractiGo Outbound Insurance.