The "Land of the Rising Sun" will fascinate you with its beautiful temples, palaces and gardens. The Work and Travel program starts in Fukuoka, the largest city on the island of Kyushu. It's the perfect size to be able to find your way around quickly and to experience Japanese life.
When you arrive in Fukuoka you will be greeted by our colleagues at the airport. In your first week, you will have orientation seminars to prepare you for your stay. They will help you in all bureaucratic matters and give you valuable tips on living, working and traveling in Japan.
We recommend our complete package, where we take over the job search for you and guarantee you a job in Fukuoka for the first three months.
The fields of work depend on your personal abilities, so that almost anything is possible, from kitchen help to German teacher.
Standard package – preparation for your job search
Complete package – guaranteed job placement for the first three months
•Start date: All year round, min. 12 to a max. of 52 weeks.
•Language skills: You should have a good grasp of written and spoken English and medium Japanese skills. You can take a language course in Fukuoka in southern Japan to acquire or refresh basic Japanese skills.
•Closing date for applications: Approx. three months before departure. In urgent cases, please call us immediately, so that we can find you an available flight.
•Nationality: You need a working holiday visa and this visa is only possible for these nationalities: Germany, Australia, New Zealand, Canada, South Korea, France, Ireland, UK and Denmark.
•Insurances: Before starting your program we need proof of your health insurance, personal/public liability insurance and your accident insurance.
•Visa: Japan offers the popular “Work and Holiday” visa. With this visa you can travel round Japan for a year and take on any job you like except for jobs that increase the business of the leisure and entertainment industry (bars, night clubs). Also 20 % income tax must be paid. In this way you can finance your stay in Japan. The conditions for this visa are:
- You must be 18-30 years old when you apply.
- Only if you are citizen from Germany, Australia, New Zealand, Canada, South Korea, France, Ireland, UK and Denmark.
- No children in your care.
- Proof of approx. € 2000 upon entry.
- Maximum twelve month stay.
- This visa may be granted once in a lifetime.
• Standard package – preparation for your job search or
• Complete package – guaranteed job placement for the first three months
• Airport transfer
• Seminar with the following contents:
- General introduction.
- Living and travelling in Japan.
- Sightseeing and leisure activities.
- Helpful contacts.
- Writing job application documents.
• Assistance buying a mobile phone
• Twelve months post forwarding service within Japan
• Free Internet access for twelve months
• Help job seeking on-site, opening a bank account and applying for a tax number
• help with any questions/problems from our on-site partner during a twelve months period
Intensive course (20 hours a week)
Super Intensive course (30 hours a week)