The United States has always been a land of opportunity and has become a dream destination for people all over the world. America offers many unique and amazing things. Among the must-sees are the Grand Canyon, the beautiful beaches of Florida or the famous Route 66. The Americans are considered open and hospitable, welcoming visitors from all over the world to live the American Way of Life.
Our program in the USA is called "English in Action". This program is usually focussed on improving the English language as well as gaining experience abroad. Getting an US Visa has always been very difficult. With this program, we provide a perfect alternative for you to experience the american dream.
Cities: You can choose from New York, San Diego and San Francisco.
Length of internship: From four to eight weeks.
Start date: Every Monday, all year round.
Language courses: In all cities a four week preparatory language course is compulsory before starting the “English in Action” programme.
Specifics: You decide when and where the internship is to be carried out. Upon registration you give in 3 areas, we will then try to ensure you your first choice. You will receive the information about your work placement during your preparatory language course.
Language skills: You should have a good grasp of written and spoken English. You can learn the language or refresh your knowledge with a preparatory course.
Practical experience: Professional experience is not compulsory, although some experience in the area of work is an advantage.
Minimum age: 18.
Nationality: EU citizens and Swiss nationals. A F1-Visa is necessary.
Closing date for applications: Approx. two months prior to starting the internship. In urgent cases, please call us as we are able to organise express work placements.
Insurances: mandatory during the EIA programme. Not included in price.
• Customised work placements in New York, San Diego and San Francisco.
• Extensive guidance and support prior to departure
• Job application training (Help writing your application)
• On-site support from a PractiGo coordinator
• Direct contact in the workplace
• Certificate of internship from the employer upon request
• 24 hour telephone helpline (German)
• PractiGo travel documents with extensive information and helpful tips
• Accommodation in shared apartments or with a host family
• Airport transfers
• PractiGo Outbound insurance