Internship in Germany
Flat coastal line in the north, mountains in the south. Germany offers a wide variety of interesting places to visit. The Black Forest and the Allgäu are ideal for hiking, as well as the Harz. North and Baltic Sea invite you for a swim, the Alps and the Ore Mountains are good winter sport areas.
German is a widely spoken language and is spoken by more people than you might think.
In addition to the internship, there is much more to discover. Berlin, Bremen, Hamburg, Frankfurt or Munich are all cities with very different features that have their own charm. You decide oldest fair in Bremen whether or rather northern metropolis of Hamburg, melting pot Berlin or bank capital Frankfurt or Oktoberfest in Munich. No matter where you will go, people will meet you with openness and curiosity.
At a glance
Cities: You can choose from Berlin, Bremen, Frankfurt, Hamburg and Munich.
Length of internship: From four weeks to a year.
Start date: Every Monday, all year round.
Accommodation: Host family or shared apartment.
Language courses: A preparatory language course is not mandatory in order to carry out the internship. It is required a B1 level of German.
Specifics: You decide when, where and in which area the internship is to be carried out. You will receive the information on your work placement two or three weeks at the latest before it is due to start.
Language skills: You should have a good grasp of written and spoken German. You can learn the language or refresh your knowledge with a preparatory course.
Practical experience: Professional experience is not compulsory, although some experience in the area of work is an advantage.
Minimum age: 18 years-old.
Nationality: Eu citizens and Swiss nationals.
Closing date for applications: Approx. three months prior to starting the internship. In urgent cases, please call us as we are able to organize express work placements.
• Customised work placements in Bremen, Berlin, Hamburg, Frankfurt or Munich
• Extensive guidance and support prior to departure.
• Job application training (Help writing your application).
• On-site support from a PractiGo coordinator.
• Direct contact in the workplace.
• Certificate of internship from the employer upon request.
• 24 hour telephone helpline.
• PractiGo travel documents with extensive information and helpful tips.
• Preparatory language course.
• Accommodation in shared apartments or with a family.
• Airport transfers.
• Return flights.
• PractiGo Outbound insurance.