Internship in Scotland
Scotland’s charm is above all down to its landscapes: Visitors are enchanted by its undisturbed natural beauty, the numerous historical sites, forts and castles. On the west coast of Scotland you can find sheer rocky coasts, sandy bays and bizarre mountain tops.
After several fights for independence, Scotland still belongs to the United Kingdom, but has its own jurisdiction and education system. In the Scottish capital, Edinburgh, we can make your wish for a tailor-made work placement come true and bring you a step closer to the Scottish culture.
At a glance
Cities: The work placement is carried out in Edinburgh.
Length of internship: From six weeks to a year.
Start date: Every Monday, all year round.
Accommodation: Host family or shared apartment.
Language courses: The work placement may be booked in with or without a language course. Accommodation may only be organised for your entire stay if a two week language course is completed before starting the work placement.
Specifics: You decide when, where and in which area the internship is to be carried out. You will receive the information on your work placement during your preparatory language course.
Language skills: You should have a good grasp of written and spoken English. You can learn the language or refresh your knowledge with a preparatory course.
Practical experience: Professional experience is not compulsory, although some experience in the area of work is an advantage.
Minimum age: 18.
Nationality: Eu citizens and Swiss nationals.
Closing date for applications: Approx. two months prior to starting the internship. In urgent cases, please call us as we are able to organise express work placements.
• Customised work placements in Edinburgh.
• Extensive guidance and support prior to departure.
• Job application training (Help writing your application).
• On-site support from a PractiGo coordinator.
• Direct contact in the workplace.
• Certificate of internship from the employer upon request.
• 24 hour telephone helpline.
• PractiGo travel documents with extensive information and helpful tips.
• Accommodation with a family.
• Airport transfers.
• Return flights.
• PractiGo Outbound insurance.