There are many reasons to choose Mauritius as a top destination for your internship abroad: It has an emerging market, the official language is English but French and Creole are also widely spoken, it has a stable and environmentally friendly society and a subtropical climate with temperatures between 20 and 30 degrees all year round.
The internships take place in Port Louis, a colourful cocktail of people, languages, traditions and religions. It has the charm of darkest Africa, the spiciness of India, the sophistication of China, the chic of France and the school uniforms of England.
Cities: Port Louis.
Length of internship: From 12 to 24 weeks.
Start date: Every Monday, all year round.
Advantage: Internship place before entry and help with visa application.
Accommodation: Shared flat
Specifics: You decide when, where and in which area the internship is to be carried out.
Language skills: You should have a good grasp of written and spoken English.
Practical experience: Professional experience is not compulsory, although some experience in the area of work is an advantage.
Age: 18-35 years old.
Nationality: EU citizens, Swiss nationals or participants from countries that have a residence permit agreement with Mauritius.
Closing date for applications: Approx. Four or three months prior to starting the internship. In urgent cases, please call us as we are able to organize express work placements.
• Customised work placements in Port Louis.
• Extensive guidance and support prior to departure.
• Job application training (Help writing your application).
• On-site support from a PractiGo coordinator.
• Direct contact in the workplace.
• Certificate of internship from the employer upon request.
• 24 hour telephone helpline.
• PractiGo travel documents with extensive information and helpful tips.
• Accommodation in shared apartments.
• Airport transfers.
• PractiGo Outbound insurance.