Japan is also known as the “Land of the rising sun”. Behind Japan there is much more than sushi, sumo and geishas. You will love its wonderful temples, palaces and gardens the moment you set your eyes on them!
Discover the diversity and beauty of Japan’s southernmost island Kyushu during your PractiGo foreign work placement in Fukuoka. The city has around 1.5 million inhabitants and, due to its location in Hakata Bay, is a well-known city for trade and Japan’s hub for international relationships. During your internship in Japan, you’ll have the chance to immerse yourself in the secrets of the Japanese culture and language.
Cities: Work placements take place in Fukuoka.
Length of internship: From four weeks to a year.
Start date: Every Monday, all year round.
Accommodation: Guest House.
Language courses: The internship may be booked without a language course. PractiGo generally recommends a preparatory four-week language course, in order to become acclimatised.
Specifics: You decide when, where and in which area the internship is to be carried out. You will receive the information on your work placement two or three weeks at the latest before it is due to start.
Language skills: You should have a good grasp of written and spoken Japanese. You can learn the language or refresh your knowledge with a preparatory course.
Practical experience: Professional experience is not compulsory, although some experience in the area of work is an advantage.
Minimum age: 18 years-old.
Nationality: Eu citizens, Swiss nationals, others possible upon request.
Closing date for applications: Approx. three months prior to starting the internship. In urgent cases, please call us as we are able to organise express work placements.
• Customised work placements in Fukuoka.
• Extensive guidance and support prior to departure.
• Job application training (Help writing your application).
• On-site support from a PractiGo coordinator.
• Direct contact in the workplace.
• Certificate of internship from the employer upon request.
• 24 hour telephone helpline.
• PractiGo travel documents with extensive information and helpful tips.
• Preparatory language course.
• Accommodation in guest house.
• Airport transfers.
• Return flights.
• PractiGo Outbound insurance.