Internship in Malta
This insular state lies further south than many north African cities and so you can expect to have nice weather and optimum conditions for outdoor activities during your stay in Malta. A fascinating, somewhat bizarre landscape, picturesque villages, impressive fortresses, palaces and churches invite you to gain new experiences alongside your internship. Thanks to the good, economical bus connections, you can also explore the island well in the afternoons. Up until 1964 Malta was an English colony, meaning that English is an official language alongside Maltese. The island is a secret tip for those who wish to learn English by combining a language course and an internship, without missing out on the good weather.
At a glance
Cities: The internship takes place in St. Julian’s.
Length of internship: From eight weeks to one year.
Start date: Every Monday, all year round.
Accommodation: Host family, apartment, hostel or student house. Language courses: The internship may be booked without a language course. PractiGo generally recommends a preparatory two-week language course, in order to become acclimatised.
Specifics: You decide when, where and in which area the internship is to be carried out.
Language skills: You should have a good grasp of written and spoken English. You can learn the language or refresh your knowledge with a preparatory course.
Practical experience: Professional experience is not compulsory, although some experience in the area of work is an advantage.
Minimum age: 18 years-old.
Nationality: Eu citizens, Swiss nationals.
Closing date for applications: Approx. two or three months prior to starting the internship. In urgent cases, please call us as we are able to organize express work placements.
• Customised internship placements in Malta.
• Extensive guidance and support prior to departure.
• Job application training (Help writing your application).
• On-site support from a PractiGo coordinator.
• Direct contact in the workplace.
• Certificate of internship from the employer upon request.
• 24 hour telephone helpline.
• PractiGo travel documents with extensive information and helpful tips.
• Preparatory language course.
• Accommodation in shared apartments or with a family.
• Airport transfers.
• Return flights.
• PractiGo Outbound insurance.