Internship in Ireland
Ireland’s landscape is formed by harsh cliffs, crystal clear rivers, rolling hills and wide open meadows, so it's no surprise that Ireland is also known as the Emerald Isle. If you wish to experience this unique landscape alongside your internship, you should choose Ireland for your PractiGo foreign work placement. The Irish are known to be fun-loving, temperamental and very open folk. These are among some of the reasons why Ireland has become one of the most popular destinations for work placements. As an intern you will immediately feel part of the team and will get to know the Irish culture first-hand while you work.
At a glance
Cities: You can choose between Cork and Dublin.
Length of internship: From four weeks to one year.
Start date: Every Monday, all year round.
Accommodation: Host family (Dubiln) or shared apartment (Dublin and Cork).
Language courses: The internship may be booked without a language course. PractiGo generally recommends a preparatory two-week language course, in order to become acclimatised.
Specifics: You decide when, where and in which area the internship is to be carried out.
Language skills: You should have a good grasp of written and spoken English. You can learn the language or refresh your knowledge with a preparatory course.
Practical experience: Professional experience is not compulsory, although some experience in the area of work is an advantage.
Minimum age: 17 years-old.
Nationality: Eu citizens, Swiss nationals.
Closing date for applications: Approx. two months prior to starting the internship. In urgent cases, please call us as we are able to organize express work placements.
• Customised work placements in Dublin or Cork.
• Extensive guidance and support prior to departure.
• Job application training (Help writing your application).
• On-site support from a PractiGo coordinator.
• Direct contact in the workplace.
• Certificate of internship from the employer upon request.
• 24 hour telephone helpline.
• PractiGo travel documents with extensive information and helpful tips.
• Preparatory language course.
• Accommodation in shared apartments or with a family.
• Airport transfers.
• Return flights.
• PractiGo Outbound insurance.