Internship in England
Just an hour by plane from Germany is London, THE cultural metropolis of Europe. You will find yourself landing in a different world: Your fascination for London will never leave you even after you have finished your work placement. London is a trendsetter for fashion, design and music, and you will be right in the middle of this cosmopolitan city that oozes a lust for life.
If it is too hectic for you in the capital, we recommend an internship in the idyllic coastal town of Brighton in the south of England. Manchester and Newcastle are also destinations where you can carry out your PractiGo foreign work placement.
At a glance
Cities: You can choose from Brighton, London, Manchester and Newcastle.
Length of internship: From four weeks to a year.
Start date: Every Monday, all year round.
Accommodation: Host family or shared apartment (London and Newcastle only).
Language courses: The internship may be booked without a language course. PractiGo generally recommends a preparatory two-week language course, in order to become acclimatised. Exception is Newcastle. Here a four week preparatory language course is mandatory.
Specifics: You decide when, where and in which area the internship is to be carried out.
Language skills: You should have a good grasp of written and spoken English. You can learn the language or refresh your knowledge with a preparatory course.
Practical experience: Professional experience is not compulsory, although some experience in the area of work is an advantage. Practical experience: Professional experience is not compulsory, although some experience in the area of work is an advantage
Minimum age: 17 years-old.
Nationality: EU citizens and swiss
Closing date for application: Approx. two months prior to starting the internship. In urgent cases, please call us as we are able to organize express work placements.
• Customised work placements in Brighton, London, Manchester or Newcastle.
• Extensive guidance and support prior to departure.
• Job application training (Help writing your application).
• On-site support from a PractiGo coordinator.
• Direct contact in the workplace.
• Certificate of internship from the employer upon request.
• 24 hour telephone helpline.
• PractiGo travel documents with extensive information and helpful tips.
• Preparatory language course.
• Accommodation in shared apartments or with a family.
• Airport transfers.
• PractiGo Outbound insurance.