Internship in Chile
Scenically, there is a lot to see and discover in Chile: deserts, forests with lakes and rivers, vineyards, glaciers, volcanoes……. and much more. The incomparable panorama of the snow-capped Andes, which surrounds the capital city Santiago, even back then attracted the Spaniards and is alluring yearly many tourist into the city. Santiago is a cultural as well as the economical center of the country and thus the most important companies in Chile are based in the city, likewise many branches of foreign companies.
You will meet open-hearted and hospital inhabitants in Chile likewise in all South American countries, who shows peculiar curiosity and interest in European visitors. It won´t take long until you become an “Amigo” and will be invited to barbeques in your free time.
At a glance
Cities: Work placements take place in Santiago de Chile. Other cities are possible upon request.
Length of internship: From four until 24 weeks.
Start date: Every Monday, all year round.
Accommodation: Host family or shared apartment.
Language courses: The internship may be booked without a language course. PractiGo generally recommends a preparatory two-week language course, in order to become acclimatised.
Specifics: You decide when, where and in which field the internship should be carried out. You will receive the information about your work placement approx. two or three weeks before start.
Language skills: You should have a good grasp of written and spoken Spanish. You can learn the language or refresh your knowledge with a preparatory course.
Practical experience: Professional experience is not compulsory, although some experience in the area of work is an advantage.
Minimum age: 18 years-old.
Nationality: Eu citizens, Swiss nationals, others possible upon request.
Closing date for applications: Approx. two or three months prior to starting the internship. In urgent cases, please call us as we are able to organize express work placements.
• Customised work placements in Santiago de Chile.
• Extensive guidance and support prior to departure.
• Job application training (Help writing your application).
• On-site support from a PractiGo coordinator.
• Direct contact in the workplace.
• Certificate of internship from the employer upon request.
• 24 hour telephone helpline.
• PractiGo travel documents with extensive information and helpful tips.
• Preparatory language course.
• Accommodation in shared apartments or with a family.
• Airport transfers.
• PractiGo Outbound insurance.